Wednesday 24 October 2018

REVIEW: Legion (#4) - Julie Kagawa

Title: Legion (#4)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: Talon Series
Publisher: MIRA Ink
Format: Paperback
Pages: 384 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Dragon hatchling Ember Hill was never prepared to find love at all--dragons do not suffer human emotions--let alone the love of a human and a former dragonslayer, at that. With ex-soldier Garret dying at her feet after sacrificing his freedom and his life to expose the deepest of betrayals, Ember knows only that nothing she was taught by dragon organization Talon is true. About humans, about rogue dragons, about herself and what she's capable of doing and feeling.

In the face of great loss, Ember vows to stand with rogue dragon Riley against the dragon-slaying Order of St. George and her own twin brother Dante--the heir apparent to all of Talon, and the boy who will soon unleash the greatest threat and terror dragonkind has ever known.

Talon is poised to take over the world, and the abominations they have created will soon take to the skies, darkening the world with the promise of blood and death to those who refuse to yield.

Thoughts

I love this series, and after the ending of Soldier, I was on tenterhooks wanting to know what was going to happen in this, especially to Garrett.

The story follows on after the events of Soldier and we follow Ember, and Riley in their fight against Talon, and trying to show St. George that a minority of dragons do not follow Talon.

I really enjoyed this addition to the series, and loved the twists and turns in here, they had me gripped from start to finish. I found that the story flowed so well as it always does in this series with the different perspectives on the story. I loved the addition of St. George to the story, and how they are dealing with the events of the last book.

I have to admit I am Team Garrett, I am so totally shipping Garrett and Ember, and if they don't end up together by the end of the series I will be so devastated.
I really felt for Ember during this book, she has so much happened to her and so much revealed you can tell this book is really setting events up for a dramatic showdown between Ember and Dante.
I am really starting to dislike Dante, at the start he was doing all this to try and retrieve Ember, and bring her back into the fold of Talon, and he seems to evolve more and his reasons change by the end of the book.

Overall this is such a great book and you can tell by the pace of the book that this is the penultimate book in the series, and I am dreading reading Inferno as I don't want this series to end as it is just so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment