Wednesday 3 April 2019

REVIEW: Saga Vol. 9 - Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples

Title: Saga Vol. 9
Author: Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples
Series: Saga
Publisher: Image Comics
Format: Paperback
Pages: 152 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

The multiple Eisner Award-winning series returns with a spacefaring adventure about fake news and genuine terror. Get ready for the most shocking, most impactful SAGA storyline yet.


Thoughts

I absolutely love this graphic novel series, so this volume was very bittersweet when they are taking a sabbatical from writing any more at the minute.

We follow the family as they are offered a type of witness protection to tell their story to Upsher and Doff. Prince Robot IV and Petrichor have started a relationship, and Ianthe has arrived with Billy to find Hazel.

This volume completely broke my heart, I was nearly in floods of tears by the end and ended up shouting out NOOOO, as the volume is left on a cliffhanger.

I love these characters, so this volume came as a massive shock and something you never expected to happen.

I love the relationship between Petrichor and Prince Robot IV, I put my hands up I ship these two totally.

There isn't much to say about these books, they are just fantastic, and the artwork is just visually stunning. They are also easy to follow and read, so a great starter series if you want to start reading graphic novels.


No comments:

Post a Comment