Monday 8 April 2019

REVIEW: The Wide Window (#3) - Lemony Snicket

Title: The Wide Window (#3)
Author: Lemony Snicket
Series: A Series of Unfortunate Events
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Format: Hardback
Pages: 218 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

If you have not read anything about the Baudelaire orphans, then before you read even one more sentence, you should know this: Violet, Klaus, and Sunny are kindhearted and quick-witted; but their lives, I am sorry to say, are filled with bad luck and misery. All of the stories about these three children are unhappy and wretched, and this one may be the worst of them all. If you haven't got the stomach for a story that includes a hurricane, a signalling device, hungry leeches, cold cucumber soup, a horrible villain, and a doll named Pretty Penny, then this book will probably fill you with despair. I will continue to record these tragic tales, for that is what I do. You, however, should decide for yourself whether you can possibly endure this miserable story.

With all due respect,

Lemony Snicket


Thoughts

I do enjoy these books, especially when it comes to what disguise Count Olaf will show up in.

In this book the Baudelaire siblings are sent to live with their Aunt Josephine, who is frightened of everything.

These books are so well paced, and so easy to read (yes I know they are middle-grade books, and yes I will read these to my son when he is a little bit older), but you do get sucked in, and I just seemed to breeze through them.

I love these siblings, and even though you know they are not going to get out of this story happily, you really want the story to have a happy ending.
With these stories you realise that the adults have this air around them especially when the Baudelaire siblings are trying to tell them about Count Olaf, the adults seem to know better, then the kids, which of course we know is not the case.

I love the Baudelaire siblings, you know that if they are in a tight spot, they are all going to work together to get themselves out of it.
I also love Count Olaf, he is such a great villain, and you really can't wait to see what disguise he shows up in, or what his plan is to get guardianship of the Baudelaire siblings.

Overall, a great book in the series, and I can't wait to see what happens next.


No comments:

Post a Comment