Wednesday 30 October 2019

Believe in the Impossible Readathon

Added from the #Believeathon Twitter Page
During November, I am going to join in with the Believe in the Impossible Readathon (#Believeathon) hosted by Gavin over at GavinHethrington (see the announcement video from the man himself down below)




I will admit that I don't read a lot of children's literature, and I would really love to have my 10-year-old stepson to join in on this, but trying to get him to read a book for school is like pulling teeth (will just have to wait for my 2 year old to grow up a little bit more as he loves books).

The readathon goes through the whole month of November and consists of 10 prompts and the group book.


Read a book featuring magic : Nevermoor: The Tales of Morrigan Crow (#1) - Jessica Townsend

I have heard so much about this book around booktube, that I finally picked it up, and I am glad I did as it fits this prompt brilliantly.

The book follows Morrigan Crow who is cursed to die on her eleventh birthday after she is born on the unluckiest day of the year, also because of this she is blamed for all local misfortunes.

As she awaits her birthday she is taken to the city of Nevermoor by Jupiter North.


Read a book featuring myths & legends: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (#1) - Rick Riordan


For the book featuring Myths & Legends, I have chosen Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. This is a re-read as I read this a while ago and never continued on with the series even though I have heard so many good things about it.

The book follows Percy Jackson who finds out that he is the son of Poseidon and is accused of taking Zeus's lightning bolts. He has been given the task to return the lightning bolts or war will ensue.



Read a book featuring real-world issues: Wonder - R. J. Pallaccio

I have watched the movie, (I know, blasphemy), and I really enjoyed it, so when the book was one of the recommendations for this prompt, that was me sorted.

I am looking forward to reading this










Read a book set in the past: Mary Poppins (#1) - P. L. Travers

I absolutely love the Disney Mary Poppins movie, and it wasn't until I watched Saving Mr Banks, that I realised it was actually a book. So again when this came up as one of the recommendations for the prompts, again 





Read a book with a strong sense of friendship: The Carnivorous Carnival (#) - Lemony Snicket

I am currently trying to read through all the A Series of Unfortunate Events series and if things have gone well in October I should be ready to start this book.

I may have cheated with this book as the Beaudelaires are siblings, but there is also still a strong sense of friendship between them

Read a creepy or atmospheric book: Potkin and Stubbs (#1) - Sophie Green

I have heard so much about this book series, and the plot sounds fantastic and right up my alley. So when this prompt came up that was it I was going out to buy this book.










Read a seasonal book: The Ice Monster - David Walliams

When this prompt came up I knew exactly what book I wanted to read and it is The Ice Monster by David Walliams.

The story just sounds fantastic, it is set in Victorian London and deals with the finding of a Wooly Mammoth.








Read a book featuring an animal character: Fantastic Mr Fox - Roald Dahl

I read this years ago, so when this prompt came up I thought a re-read of Fantastic Mr Fox would be good as it does feature an animal character (Fantastic Mr Fox).










Read a children's classic: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (#1) - Roald Dahl

I have never read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, so it was one that I will have to pick up as a children's classic.

I have had this on my TBR list for ages and thought the Believeathon would be a great time to read it.





Re-read a childhood favourite: A Day at Horrorland - R. L. Stine

For this prompt, I have taken some inspiration for Gav's Goosebumps video and chosen One Day at Horrorland by R. L. Stine.

I remember reading the Goosebump's series when I was younger and loving the TV show when it was on.






Group book: Frostheart - Jamie Littler

The group book is Frostheart by Jamie Littler, I don't know too much about this book, from what I can gather it follows Ash who is awaiting the return of his parents with his grumpy Yeti guardian Tobu when he finds out he has magical powers and ends up on the ship Frostheart

I can't wait to read this and get myself in the winter mood.





I'm looking forward to reading these books, some are re-reads and some that are brand new to me.


1 comment:

  1. This is a great tbr. I absolutely loved Nevermoor!

    My little brother is 13 and he hates reading but I still get him a book for his birthday every year. One day I will find the one that actually catches his interest!

    ReplyDelete