Thursday 27 February 2020

REVIEW: The Extinction Trials (#1) - S. M. WIlson

Title: The Extinction Trials (#1)
Author: S. M. Wilson
Series: The Extinction Trials
Publisher: Usborne Publishing
Format: Paperback
Pages: 381 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Betrayal. Sacrifice. Survival.
Welcome to the Extinction Trials.

In Stormchaser and Lincoln's ruined world, the only way to survive is to risk everything. To face a contest more dangerous than anyone can imagine. And they will do anything to win.

But in a land full of monsters - human and reptilian - they can't afford to trust anyone. Perhaps not even each other...


Thoughts

I have had this on my shelf for ages (yes I know, this seems to be a running theme with me currently). So I decided to pick it up and finally read it.

I again was surprised by how much I enjoyed this (again another running theme for me at the moment), I really enjoyed the characters, and found that the writing just again flowed so well, that I just breezed through the book so quickly.

I loved the premise of the story, The Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park, and it does exactly what it says on the tin. I loved that it didn't include just the well-known dinosaur breeds, there was some less known (Megaladon, etc).

I enjoyed the cast of characters that were thrown together when it came to the landing on Piloria, Storm and Lincoln, were great characters and were just written so well that they both seemed to bounce off of each other, I also loved the other members of their team.

Overall, a really good book, and a quick read, I can't wait to start on the sequel.


No comments:

Post a Comment