Monday 2 April 2018

REVIEW: Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty

Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty
Publisher: Bolinda Publishing Pty Ltd
Format: Audiobook
Narrator: Caroline Lee
Time: 15Hrs and 56Mins
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Pirriwee Public's annual school Trivia Night has ended in a shocking riot. One parent is dead. The school principal is horrified. As police investigate what appears to have been a tragic accident, signs begin to indicate that this devastating death might have been cold-blooded murder.

Thoughts

I will admit I did the taboo thing of watching the TV series before reading the book (I know blasphemy).

The story focuses on three women in Australia, and their children who go to Pirriwee Primary. The story starts with a murder on the trivia night at their children's school, this then leads to the kids attending an induction day at the school where Jane's son Ziggy is accused by Renata's daughter Amabella of strangling her. Ziggy protests his innocence and Jane believes him.

I really enjoyed this audiobook, and I found the narrator Caroline Lee absolutely fantastic, she really brought all the characters to life, and I just found myself listening to hours of this at a time.

I loved Celeste, I really wanted to bash some sense into her, she knew what she should've done but with all cases, it is not necessarily easy to do.

I will warn you that this has trigger warnings of domestic abuse and rape, which is well handle by the author and not too upsetting to hear when it is spoken about by the characters.
I found the book to be well written and the pacing of the book when introducing the characters is just right and not too slow.

I loved this book, and found the audiobook to be fantastic. I do want to read some more books by Liane Moriarty.


No comments:

Post a Comment