Wednesday 4 April 2018

REVIEW: Cracked Kingdom (#5) - Erin Watt

Cracked Kingdom (#5) - Erin Watt
Series: The Royals
Publisher:  Erin Watt
Format: Kindle
Pages: 305 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Ever since Hartley Wright met Easton Royal, her life hasn’t been the same. There are enemies behind every corner and dangers beyond each door. When tragedy strikes and steals her memories, she can’t trust anyone, not even the blue-eyed boy who promises her that everything will be all right.

Because while Hartley’s memory is full of gaps, her instincts tell her Easton is dangerous. She doesn’t know if he’s the snake in the garden or her chance at salvation. The chaos he brings wherever he goes is too much to handle, the intense feelings he evokes are too confusing to unravel.

Easton wants her to remember. Hartley thinks it’s better to forget.

She might be right.

Thoughts

With the previous book in the series 'Fallen Heir' I'd felt let down by that, so I had my fingers crossed that this would make up for Fallen Heir.

The story carries on where Fallen Heir left off and deals with the aftermath of the crash, as well as Hartley losing her memory, which causes complications with her and Easton's relationship.

I really enjoyed this and thought it was so much better then Fallen Heir, I found this just flowed a lot better and I just couldn't put it down.

I loved Hartley, and I really felt for her when she is trying to regain her memory and she is having to live with her parents and sister, who it seems despise her. She is just trying to get through the day and find out what happens to her.
I found myself really wanting to slap Felicity as she is out for blood, and really starts to mess with Hartley and starts to lie to her about her life.

Overall a great book, but I found the ending ambiguous, I really want Seb and Sawyer to get their own book especially after the ending of this one, I think they deserve it.


No comments:

Post a Comment