Monday 11 June 2018

REVIEW: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (#1) - Mackenzi Lee

Title: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (#1)
Author: Mackenzie Lee
Series: Guide
Publisher: Harper Audio
Format: Audiobook
Narrator: Christian Coulson
Time: 10Hrs & 47Mins
Rating:⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Henry “Monty” Montague doesn’t care that his roguish passions are far from suitable for the gentleman he was born to be. But as Monty embarks on his grand tour of Europe, his quests for pleasure and vice are in danger of coming to an end. Not only does his father expect him to take over the family’s estate upon his return, but Monty is also nursing an impossible crush on his best friend and travelling companion, Percy.

So Monty vows to make this yearlong escapade one last hedonistic hurrah and flirt with Percy from Paris to Rome. But when one of Monty’s reckless decisions turns their trip abroad into a harrowing manhunt, it calls into question everything he knows, including his relationship with the boy he adores.


Thoughts

When it comes to books that have been widely hyped, I always seem to steer clear as I really don't want to be disappointed. The hype regarding the audiobook of this was hyped up the yin-yang due to Christian Coulson (who played Tom Riddle in The Chamber of Secrets).

I picked up the audiobook when I renewed my Audible subscription and thought I would bite the bullet.

I did enjoy this, I found the hype around the narration was so true, but I found the story easily escaping me, you really have to focus with this one as there is so much going on within the story that if your attention goes somewhere else you lose what is happening.

I did love the characters, and just found they were perfect together. I also loved the relationship between Monty, and Percy I was rooting for them to get together through the whole book.

Overall I did like the book and found myself really enjoying it by the last 3 hours, a good book and if listening on audiobook, don't have the speed high when listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment