Monday 18 March 2019

REVIEW: Demon Dentist - David Walliams

Title: Demon Dentist
Author: David Walliams
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
Format: Audiobook
Narrator: David Walliams
Time: 4HRS 46MINS
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Darkness had come to the town. Strange things were happening in the dead of night. Children would put a tooth under their pillow for the tooth fairy, but in the morning they would wake up to find… a dead slug; a live spider; hundreds of earwigs creeping and crawling beneath their pillow.

Evil was at work. But who or what was behind it…?


Thoughts

I have never read a David Walliams book in my life, but my stepson bought the Demon Dentist home as his reading book, and I did start to read up to 20 pages then put it down. When I got my Audible credits I thought I would pick it up on audiobook as it was just under 5 hours long.

I really enjoyed this audiobook, and the way Walliams had set the book out would be quite interesting to his intended demographic.

I found that the book was quite hilarious, and Walliams narrates this book perfectly, and with the extra narrators (they do some voices but not many), just adds to the story.

I found the book easily paced, and well written, you really start to like the characters. I loved the sound for made-up words (I think kids will love that, and find it funny)

Overall, a great audiobook, and a great story. I'm looking forward to reading some more David Walliams books.


No comments:

Post a Comment