Wednesday 13 March 2019

REVIEW: Renegades (#1) - Marissa Meyer

Title: Renegades (#1)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: Renegades
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 552 Pages
Rating:  ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Secret identities. Extraordinary powers.
She wants vengeance. He wants justice.

The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies―humans with extraordinary abilities―who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone . . . except for the villains they once overthrew.

Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice―and in Nova. But Nova’s allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.

Thoughts

I love Marissa Meyer, especially her Lunar Chronicles series, so when I heard that this was being released I had to pick it up.

I love the premise of this book, that it deals with Superheroes, and Villains. I also loved that you saw more of the Villains and saw their side of the story as well.

I loved the writing, I found the book flowed so well, and you really do get pulled into these characters lives, and become emotionally attached to them, especially Nova and Adrian, you really do end up shipping these characters and wanting them to be together.

I loved the world building, you get to see what brought about the current government (so to speak), and you also got to find out more about the Renegades.

Overall, a really great book, and I can't wait to read the sequel


No comments:

Post a Comment