Wednesday 25 September 2019

Hocus Pocus Readathon

I love Halloween, and I especially love it as it is time to break out Hocus Pocus (I love that movie), and I have decided to join in with the Hocus Pocus readathon created by Pages and Ink on youtube, this runs between the 1st October till the 13th October.





Out of the three teams, I have joined Team Trick or Treaters, my prompts are:


  • Read a spine-tingling book
  • Read a book by flashlight
  • Read a fantasy novel
  • Read a book with a squad
  • Listen to an Audiobook
  • Read the group book

Read a spine-tingling book

I have chosen to read The Haunting by Alex Bell, this is part of the Red Eye horror story series. The ones I have read of this series have been fantastic, and I have really enjoyed them.
There are currently only 10 books in the series and I just have 2 to read to be up to date with the series.






Read a book by Flashlight

I am going to read a kindle book (the kindle lights up, it's a modern kind of flashlight), and I am going to read the Becoming the Dark Prince novella by Kerri Maniscalco.

Really looking forward to reading this as I love Thomas Cresswell.






Read a Fantasy Novel

I know of this story via the Studio Ghibli movies (my husband is a big fan of these and is currently trying to collect them all). So I decided to pick the book up and it has been residing on my shelf for a couple of months.

I have to admit this cover is absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to pick this book up before I watch the movie.





Read a book with a squad

I am probably cheating a bit here but I have chosen The Beaudelaire Siblings as my squad. I'm currently reading through the series and this is the next on my list to read.

Looking forward to seeing what happens to the siblings in this next instalment.





Listen to an audiobook

For the audiobook prompt, I have chosen Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco. This is the finale in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series. I really don't think I am ready for this series to end, I love the characters of Wadsworth and Cresswell.







Read a group book

There are 2 group books, you have Hocus Pocus and the All-New Sequel (which I read last year), or Serpent and Dove

As you can see I have chosen Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin. I have heard so many good things about this book, and I can't wait to read it.



No comments:

Post a Comment