Friday 27 September 2019

Supernatural-athon

I am really over-exerting myself this month, I'm joining in with the Hocus Pocus Readathon, I'm also taking the kids to Disneyland and now I have decided to join in with the Supernatural-athon (what am I thinking?)

Photo from Supernatural-athon twitter


The Supernatural-athon consists of 10 prompts based around each character of Supernatural. The readathon lasts for the whole month of October.

The readathon is hosted by Steph over at @StephLoves and all information can be found on the twitter feed @Supernatural-athon

So let's get into the prompts

Dean Winchester - read a graphic novel / comic book/manga


I don't know much about this book, I downloaded it from NetGalley for an honest review.

I am loving the look of this graphic novel, and it is such the right one to read in October





Sam Winchester - read a fantasy


This is one of the books that I have also placed on my Hocus Pocus readathon.

I have been wanting to read this book for a while and can't wait to get to it.









Bobby - read a book with family dynamics/siblings


This is another that was on my hocus pocus readathon list.

For Bobby's prompt, I have chosen The Hostile Hospital as it features siblings (The Beaudelaire siblings).







Crowley - Title begins with D

For Crowley's prompt, I chose Dracul by Dacre Stoker.

This is blurbed as a prequel to Bram Stoker's Dracula, I also received this from NetGalley for an honest review.






Luc - Read a book with a villain you love

For the Lucifer prompt I have chosen a villain that you love, it is not that I love Pennywise (the little s**t creeps me out), but it is that feeling of a book that can really actually scare you.







Charlie - LGBTQIA+ book

For Charlie's prompt, I have chosen Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan. I love the cover of this book, and I will admit I had to do a google search on YA LGBTQIA+ books to see which I had in my TBR.

I have heard so many good things about this book, so I'm glad I'm picking it up to see what all the hype is about.





Jody - Strong female main character

For a strong female main character, I have chosen Paige Mahoney from The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I am also reading this as part of the #Boneathon (yes you read that read Boneathon).

I read this previously, and I never got round to starting the sequel and forgotten most of what happened, so I thought this was a great time to re-read and get back into the series




Rowena - read a book featuring witches

For Rowena, I have chosen Serpent & Dove, which again is also on my Hocus Pocus readathon TBR.

I can't wait to read this as I have just heard so much about this book.







Death - read a book about/ featuring death

I have chosen Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco, for a book featuring death.

I am not ready for this series to end, I'm really not. I will be listening to this on audiobook for the Hocus Pocus Readathon prompt.







There is my TBR for the Supernatural-athon, you may notice some of these books were featured yesterday in my Hocus Pocus Readathon TBR, but those books matched prompts for both readathons.


1 comment:

  1. Eeeeeek, I'm so excited by this!!! First TBR I've seen for the readathon so far. Mooncakes is amazing you're gonna love it. I'm just finishing up Girls of Paper and Fire, but Girls of Storm and Shadow is on my TBR for the same prompts and I'm also reading Serpent and Dove for Rowena. I love the idea of Capturing the Devil for death and IT for Lucifer, very creative! Love it! Good luck my love and enjoy Disneyland 😁🖤

    Steph (Steph Loves) xoxo

    ReplyDelete