Wednesday 18 September 2019

REVIEW: Charmcaster (#3) - Sebastien de Castell*

Title: Charmcaster (#3)
Author: Sebastien de Castell
Series: Spellslinger
Publisher: Hot Key Books
Format: Hardback
Pages: 417 Pages
Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

*DIGITAL COPY RECEIVED FROM NETGALLEY FOR AN HONEST REVIEW - HARDBACK COPY WAS BOUGHT BY MYSELF OUT OF MY OWN POCKET*

Goodreads Blurb

'I was getting almost as good at running away from enemies as I was at making them in the first place. Turns out, I wasn't running nearly fast enough.'

Kellen has begun to master his spellslinging and the Argosi tricks for staying alive, and he and Reichis have found a career that suits them both: taking down mercenary mages who make people's lives miserable. But Ferius is concerned that Kellen is courting disaster . . .

Thoughts

I have loved this series since I read Spellslinger, and just find the books go from strength to strength with each instalment.

I love the pacing of these books, they just flow so well, and there are no slow sections, you are pulled along in the narrative at a steady pace.

I enjoyed the introduction of Nephenia back into the story, and even though we are not following the events back home, things are still happening there that are affecting Kellen, Ferius, and Reichis.

With this series, it is so hard to choose a favourite character, as these characters are just brilliant. They all bring something to the story, that just has you hooked. I will admit I do have a soft spot for Reichis, every time he says something it has me laughing out loud.

I found the ending such a surprise, I did not expect what happened and I really need to start Soulbinder ASAP to see what happens next.


No comments:

Post a Comment