Friday 20 March 2020

REVIEW: Down Amongst the Sticks and Bones (#2) - Seanan McGuire

Title: Down Among the Sticks and Bones (#2)
Author: Seanan McGuire
Series: Wayward Children
Publisher: Macmillan Audio
Format: Audiobook
Narrator: Seanan McGuire
Time: 4HRS 4MINS
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Twin sisters Jack and Jill were seventeen when they found their way home and were packed off to Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children.

This is the story of what happened first…

Jacqueline was her mother’s perfect daughter—polite and quiet, always dressed as a princess. If her mother was sometimes a little strict, it’s because crafting the perfect daughter takes discipline.

Jillian was her father’s perfect daughter—adventurous, thrill-seeking, and a bit of a tom-boy. He really would have preferred a son, but you work with what you've got.

They were five when they learned that grown-ups can’t be trusted.

They were twelve when they walked down the impossible staircase and discovered that the pretence of love can never be enough to prepare you a life filled with magic in a land filled with mad scientists and death and choices.

Thoughts

I found myself enjoying this book, this can be listened to as a prequel type book to the series and follows Jaq and Jill when they go through their door.

I found myself loving the characters of Jaq and Jill and loved learning more about the world they found themselves in, and we found out more as to why they were cast out of there.

It did like that we got to see more of these characters who so intrigued me in the first book, and learn about their back story. There seemed to me to be more growth in this book regarding these two characters rather than in the first book.

With these books, they are quite short and I have found that I am enjoying them on audiobook (I am listening to them at 1.75 speed so I am just whizzing through them).

Overall this was a lot better than the previous book in the series, and watch out for my review of the next book in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment