Wednesday 18 March 2020

REVIEW: The Girl Who Stole an Elephant - Nizrana Farook

Title: The Girl Who Stole an Elephant
Author: Nizrana Farook
Publisher: Nosy Crow Ltd
Format: Paperback
Pages: 247 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Chaya, a no-nonsense, outspoken hero, leads her friends and a gorgeous elephant on a noisy, fraught, joyous adventure through the jungle where revolution is stirring and leeches lurk. Will stealing the queen’s jewels be the beginning or the end of everything for the intrepid gang?


Thoughts

This was the first pick for Middle-Grade Monthly Book Club, I will admit I don't read a lot of middle grade, it's not really an age range I go for, so by joining middle grade monthly, it would push me out of my comfort zone.

The book follows Chaya who is wanting to steal the crown jewels to help the villagers. I found Chaya to be a bit of a spoilt character, yes she was stealing to help the village but there must have been other ways as Chaya was never the recipient of the consequences, someone else was.

I did enjoy this story and found the story did flow really well, the characters were well fleshed out but I did find myself liking Neal and Nour a lot better then Chaya. I thought that they were more responsible than Chaya and understood that actions had consequences.

Overall, it was a good book, and worth a read


No comments:

Post a Comment