Monday 11 May 2020

Believeathon II TBR

Today marks the start of the second round of Believeathon, this is taking place for two weeks till the 24th May.


I have had my TBR sorted for a while (where I haven't changed it for the 12th time).

So during the two weeks, we are set the task of reading a total of five books. Everyone is given a started point and an endpoint.


The starting point is The Poacher's Pocket Inn (which is from A Pinch of Magic), the prompt for this is to read the first book in a series

I have picked The Chosen by Taran Matharu, this is the first book in The Chosen series (with the sequel due out in August 2020).

I absolutely loved The Summoner series, so this was an automatic buy for me, and I can't wait to start reading this today.






The second stop I have gone for is Baba Yaga's House, which is to read a book that contains familial connections.

I have chosen The Witches by Roald Dahl, as it contains a grandmother and her grandson as the main characters.

I read this years ago, when I was a child, and I just wanted to re-read it as I have just forgotten most of the stuff about this book.






The third stop I have chosen is 100 Acre Wood, and this is to read a book that has yellow on the cover.

I have chosen Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne. I have had this book for ages, my husband picked me this copy up from a charity shop, and when I was going through my shelves I found a copy that was printed in the 30's (do not ask me where that copy came from, even I don't know)

This is one that I have had for ages and just never read and thought it matched this so well (not a creative choice I know)




The penultimate stop that I chose was The Brolly Rail, which is to read a book with a mode of transport on the cover

For this, I chose Wundersmith (I know not a creative choice for this prompt) by Jessica Townsend, as it features a horse on the cover (yes it is a shadow horse, but it is still a horse shape).

I read Nevermoor for the first Believeathon in November last year, and have been wanting to get to this one for a while, but wanted to save it to try and fit a believathon prompt.




The final stop is The Book-Keeper's Stronghold, and the prompt for this is read the next book in the series.

I have chosen for this prompt Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan. I read The Lightning Thief for the first round of Believeathon as I had read that previously and then never continued on with the series.

Thanks to Beliveathon II I can carry on with the series and hopefully complete it this year.





So there is my Beliveathon TBR, I have previously mentioned these books on my Instagram page briefly in a post.

What are you reading for Beliveathon? Have you read any of these books?


No comments:

Post a Comment