Monday 7 May 2018

REVIEW: The Witch's Kiss (#1) - Katharine and Elizabeth Corr

The Witch's Kiss (#1) - Katharine and Elizabeth Corr
Series: The Witch's Kiss
Publisher: HarperCollins
Format: Paperback
Pages: 320 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Sixteeen-year-old Meredith is fed-up with her feuding family and feeling invisible at school – not to mention the witch magic that shoots out of her fingernails when she’s stressed. Then sweet, sensitive Jack comes into her life and she falls for him hard. The only problem is that he is periodically possessed by a destructive centuries-old curse. Meredith has lost her heart, but will she also lose her life? Or in true fairytale tradition, can true love’s kiss save the day?

Thoughts

I will admit that this was a cover buy for me, I mean look at that cover it is absolutely gorgeous.

The concept of the story sounded fantastic, you have Meredith who has magic and doesn't know how to use it, and that the is the only one to a break a centuries-old curse. What isn't there to love.

I was somewhat disappointed with the story, I don't want to admit to it but I think I went into this with my hopes to high. I found it to be so slow going, and it just didn't fully grip me. I didn't want to DNF the book as I thought that there could be a bit more too it when it came to the finale between Meredith and Gwydion.

I found the relationship between Meredith and Jack to be very sweet, but I was more interested in her brother Leo, and his unrequited love for his best friend Dan.

Will I read the sequel, and yes I will I am hoping for more from the series and really hope it starts to pick up in the next two books


No comments:

Post a Comment