Wednesday 23 January 2019

REVIEW: Distortion (#2) - Victor Dixen

Title: Distortion (#2)
Author: Victor Dixen
Series: Phobos
Publisher: Hot Key Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 567 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

After a speed-dating show that is literally out of this world, twelve young astronauts are set to become the first humans to colonise Mars. They are also the victims of the cruellest of plots.

Léonor thought she was a pioneer on an extraordinary mission. She thought she had left all regrets behind her on Earth. But when memories are this painful, there can be no forgetting . .



Thoughts

I loved the previous book in the series, so I had to get this started as soon as possible, especially with the ending of the previous book.

We follow the 12 after the revelations of Ascension, and how they deal with them.

I really enjoyed this book, and with 2nd books, they can quickly become a filler book, but this one was just fantastic. There were so many twists and turns through this book, I was gripped from start to finish.

SPOILER ALERT

I loved Leanor and Marcus and loved them together, and Marcus's back story revelations were just so unpredictable and you never see them coming.

I found one of the contestants to be such a little (bleep), you finally see his true colours and realise that he played his character to the camera. It makes you realise that you really don't know people all that well.

I loved the ending of the book and just never saw it coming, and I am desperately awaiting book 3 (April is too far away).

Overall, a fantastic book in the series, and I really can't wait to read book 3.


No comments:

Post a Comment