Friday 25 January 2019

REVIEW: Stolen Songbird (#1) - Danielle L. Jensen

Title: Stolen Songbird (#1)
Author: Danielle L. Jensen
Series: The Malediction Trilogy
Publisher: Angry Robot
Format: Paperback
Pages: 469 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the mountain. When Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she realises that the trolls are relying on her to break the curse.

Cécile has only one thing on her mind: escape. But the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time…

But the more time she spends with the trolls, the more she understands their plight. There is a rebellion brewing. And she just might be the one the trolls were looking for...

Thoughts

I picked this book up as the blurb sounded quite interesting. I was quite surprised at how much I actually enjoyed this book and its characters.

I found this such a quick read, and I just breezed through it so quickly. I found the story to be so well written and it just flowed so seamlessly (and with the chapters being from different perspectives), it is just a fantastic book.

I loved Cecile, I thought she was such a great character, she is thrown into this situation and manages to push through and doesn't become bigoted against this race that has essentially kidnapped her.
I also found myself loving Tristan as well, he acted like he was bigoted against Humans, but in reality, he was trying to help the half-blood trolls who are always sent into servitude of the pureblood houses.

Overall, such a fantastic book, and watch out for the review of the sequel in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment