Friday 4 January 2019

REVIEW: Hunting Prince Dracula (#2) - Kerri Maniscalco

Title: Hunting Prince Dracula (#2)
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper
Publisher: Hachette Audio
Format: Audiobook
Time: 11Hrs 18Mins
Narrator: Nicola Barber
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Following the grief and horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth has no choice but to flee London and its memories. Together with the arrogant yet charming Thomas Cresswell, she journeys to the dark heart of Romania, home to one of Europe's best schools of forensic medicine...and to another notorious killer, Vlad the Impaler, whose thirst for blood became legend.

But her life's dream is soon tainted by blood-soaked discoveries in the halls of the school's forbidding castle, and Audrey Rose is compelled to investigate the strangely familiar murders. What she finds brings all her terrifying fears to life once again.


Thoughts

We find Audrey Rose and Wadsworth heading to Romania to study at a medical school, while there a series of grisly murders are carried out and all being blamed on Vlad the Impaler (Dracula).

I really enjoyed the way this story went and found myself getting pulled into this story from start to finish. I carried on with the audiobooks as I really enjoyed the narrator and thought she brought all the characters to life.

I love the relationship between Audrey Rose and Wadsworth, and just think they are fantastic together, how Maniscalco has written them with so much chemistry is beyond me.
I also love Audrey Rose as a character, she is such a good female lead, and after the events of the last book, she is still coming to terms with what has happened.

I loved the twist in the book, and I honestly did not guess during the book who the killer was, I thought it was one of the characters but I was completely wrong.
I also loved how the story of Vlad the Impaler (Vlad Dracul), was worked into the story, and how his descendants were added in as well (such a good twist with this part of the story).

Overall a really great book, and absolutely enjoyable as an audiobook, I highly recommend this book as well as this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment