Monday 27 January 2020

REVIEW: Archenemies (#2) - Marissa Meyer

Title: Archenemies (#2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: Renegades
Publisher: Macmillian Children's Books
Format: Paperback
Pages:  471 Pages
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Goodreads Blurb

Time is running out.
Together, they can save the world.
But they each other's worst nightmare.

In Renegades, Nova and Adrian (aka Insomnia and Sketch) fought the battle of their lives against the Anarchist known as the Detonator. It was a short-lived victory.

The Anarchists still have a secret weapon, one that Nova believes will protect her. The Renegades also have a strategy for overpowering the Anarchists, but both Nova and Adrian understand that it could mean the end of Gatlon City - and the world - as they know it.


Thoughts

SPOILERS AHEAD - BEWARE

After reading Renegades and being blown away by the book, I was highly anticipating this book, so as soon as I received it, that was it I was reading it.

I was honestly surprised with how much I really enjoyed this book, you are always weary with the second book in a trilogy in case it turns out to be a filler book, and just one to bridge the gap between 1 and 3.

I love Nova and Adrian, and really want them to be together as a couple, as they just seem so right for each other. I also found myself loving Max as well as the rest of Adrian's Renegade team.

I will admit I do love Meyer's writing style, her stories just flow so well, and you are just pulled in straight away and don't want to put the book down.

I couldn't believe the ending of the book, I was just blown away, and really never saw it coming. It was just so out of the blue, but it does work so well, and just leaves you wanting the next book in the trilogy to find out what happens next.

Overall, this is such a great book in the trilogy and does not fall into the filler book category. Keep an eye out for the review of Supernova, coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment