Monday 23 October 2017

REVIEW: Flesh and Blood (#4) - Simon Cheshire

Flesh and Blood (#4) - Simon Cheshire
Series: Red Eye
Publisher: Stripes Publishing
Format: Paperback
Pages: 336 Pages
Rating: ★★★★

Goodreads Blurb

I must record the facts that have led me to where I am now. So that, when someone reads this, they understand. Sam Hunter's neighbours are pillars of the community, the most influential people in town. But they're liars too. The Greenhills are hiding something and Sam's determined to find out what it is. As his investigation unfolds, he realizes the lies reach further than he ever imagined - is there anyone he can trust? Uncovering the horror is one thing ...escaping is another.


Thoughts

The book focuses on Sam, who moves with his parents to a very affluent area, but on his way to school, he sees a body washed up on the riverbank which has been surgically mutilated.

I thought this story was well planned out and I also found that it had elements of RearWindow/ Frankenstein/ Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and even The Human Centipede. It seemed to be a mash-up somewhat of these stories, but it just fitted together seamlessly, and the twist with the family at the end my lord I did not see that coming.

I loved Sam as a character, and found he was precocious and wasn't going to rest until he discovered the story. I did feel sorry for him by the end as he feels responsible for the events that have happened and you can see why he feels this way.

I have to say the epilogue was just a mind-screw, and I really don't think you will expect what it will show you.

Overall a great addition to the Red Eye series of books, and I will have to see what other books this author has released.


No comments:

Post a Comment