Friday 13 October 2017

REVIEW: Glass Houses (#1) - Rachel Caine

Glass Houses (#1) - Rachel Caine
Series: Morganville Vampires
Publisher: Allison & Busby
Format: Paperback
Pages: 348 Pages
Rating: ★★★★★ (It Was Amazing)

Goodreads Blurb


College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood. Will she be able to face the town's terror or will she drown like everyone else?

Thoughts


I grabbed this as I thought it sounded like a really quick read, and it was, I think I managed it in 2/3 days it was that good.

I loved the dynamic between the residents of the Glass house, and how they all seemed to pull together and become a family by the end of the book.
I found Claire to be a good character and she seemed to take everything in her stride after she found out that the town of Morganville was run by Vampires.

I found myself really liking Eve, and found her to be such a great character, who didn't take no crap from anyone.

I found the twist at the end with Michael to be really good, and I never saw it coming, but I will admit that I did see the twist with Oliver coming.

Overall this was a good book, and such a quick read, that if you do want to start a new series this Halloween, this isn't  a bad one to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment