Thursday 9 November 2017

REVIEW: Bonfire - Krysten Ritter*

Bonfire - Krysten Ritter*
Publisher: Cornerstone
Format:  E-Book
Pages: 288 Pages
Rating: ★★★★

*Received from NetGalley for an honest review*

Goodreads Blurb

It has been ten years since Abby Williams left home and scrubbed away all visible evidence of her small town roots. Now working as an environmental lawyer in Chicago, she has a thriving career, a modern apartment, and her pick of meaningless one-night stands.

But when a new case takes her back home to Barrens, Indiana, the life Abby painstakingly created begins to crack. Tasked with investigating Optimal Plastics, the town's most high-profile company and economic heart, Abby begins to find strange connections to Barrens’ biggest scandal from more than a decade ago involving the popular Kaycee Mitchell and her closest friends—just before Kaycee disappeared for good.

Abby knows the key to solving any case lies in the weak spots, the unanswered questions. But as Abby tries to find out what really happened to Kaycee, she unearths an even more disturbing secret—a ritual called “The Game,” which will threaten the reputations, and lives, of the community and risk exposing a darkness that may consume her.



Thoughts

I am going to be honest here, I love Krysten Ritter, especially as Jessica Jones, so I did ask for this book as I wanted to see if she could put her talent to writing, and I am so glad I did.

I did not know what to expect from this book, but I am happy with what I got. I found the story to be fast paced, and so well written, that even the flashbacks to when Abby was younger flowed so well into the present day scenes.

I found Abby to be a great character, she was strong, and she never gave up, especially when it came to investigating what happened to Kaycee.

I found the perpetrator to be a bit predictable (I guessed quite early on, which is why it didn't get the 5 stars), but how they were doing it I didn't click to.

I was thoroughly impressed with this book and just loved Ritter's writing, and really can't wait to see what else she comes out with.

If you're looking for a quick read, mystery thriller, pick this one up it won't disappoint you.


No comments:

Post a Comment