Friday 24 November 2017

REVIEW: Crown of Midnight (#2) - Sarah J. Maas

Crown of Midnight (#2) - Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Format: Paperback
Pages: 432 Pages
Rating: ★★★★★

Goodreads Blurb

From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.

Thoughts

Let me just say before we start can I just say that the cover is absolutely gorgeous, now on with the review.

I was surprised by how much I loved this book, and by how quickly I actually read through this especially when it comes in at over 400 pages.

I loved the progression of the characters, and I loved Celaena and Chaol together (that had me squee-ing when I read that), but as with all authors they just want to pull their readers hearts out, and Sarah J. Maas does this absolutely.
I love the friendship between Nehemia and Celaena as they just works so well, and just have a deep love for each other.

By the end of this book I was curled up into a ball with everything that Maas had thrown at me I'm surprised I came out of this book intact.

Overall, a really great book, and a really quick read as you just get pulled into the story and into the lives of the characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment