Wednesday 15 November 2017

REVIEW: The Source (#2) - J.D. Horn

The Source (#2) - J. D. Horn
Series: Witching Savannah
Publisher:  Brillaince Audio
Format: Audiobook
Narrator: Shannon McManus
Time: 10hrs 56mins
Rating: ★★★★★

Goodreads Blurb

Savannah resident Mercy Taylor may now be in control of the South's most powerful family of witches, but she's struggling to master her newfound magic. Pregnant with her first child and still reeling from a heartbreaking betrayal, she just wants to be able to use her supernatural abilities without accidentally destroying dishes or blasting the doors off buildings.

But when Mercy's long-presumed-dead mother suddenly returns, begging Mercy to keep her presence under wraps, the witch wonders how many secrets her family is hiding...and who she can really trust. And when the danger around her intensifies to deadly levels, Mercy knows she must discover the truth behind her family's magic—before it destroys her.


Thoughts

I loved the first one so much on audiobook that I had to listen to the sequel, especially when I knew that it had the same narrator.

I thought this was a great sequel to The Line, and the revelations revealed in this book regarding Peter were just brilliant, I never saw that coming.

With the arrival of Mercy's mother you realise that she isn't what she is making herself out to be no matter how much you hope she is for Mercy's sake.

I loved that the story had more world building, we discovered more about the characters and I just love how Mercy seems to take it all in her stride.

My favourite character is Mother Jilo, she is just a fantastic character that doesn't take no prisoners, and she takes no fools gladly.

Overall a great sequel in the series, and I will be carrying on with this series in audiobook format as I love the narrator.



No comments:

Post a Comment