Tuesday 16 January 2018

REVIEW: Contagion (#1) - Teri Terry

Contagion (#1) - Teri Terry
Series: Dark Matter
Publisher: Orchard Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 459
Rating: ★★★★

Goodreads Blurb

Callie is missing.

Her brother Kai is losing hope of ever seeing her again. Then he meets Shay, a girl who saw Callie the day she disappeared, and his hope is reignited.

Their search leads them to the heart of a terrifying epidemic that is raging through the country.

Can Kai and Shay escape death and find Callie?


Thoughts

I found myself really enjoying this book, and found the origins of the virus that breaks out to be quite refreshing. Even though there have been a million books regarding outbreaks of viruses this one came with a completely different spin on the whole thing.

I will admit I wasn't the biggest fan of Shay and Kai's relationship as it just seemed to happen to fast for me, and Kai just seemed a bit to volatile to me, and a bit of an a**hat at times.

SPOILERS

I found Callie to be a great character, she has had this forced onto her and there she is flying around as a ghost with only Shay being able to talk to her. If I was her I would find this frustrating and wanting revenge on who did this to me.
I did find Callie's motives suspect as she let Shay believe she was the reason the virus was spreading when in fact she had figured out it was her.

I did like the twist regarding Shay's parentage that Callie's father Alex was also hers as well, and I was really hoping that this would come out during this book.

SPOILERS END

I have a theory on who Dr 1 might be, which I hope I'm wrong as it would be a bit too predictable if I'm right, but then I would be happy if I was right as she didn't reveal him too quickly.

Overall a great start to the series, and I can't wait to see what happens next in Deception.


No comments:

Post a Comment