Friday 26 January 2018

REVIEW: Five Nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes (#1) - Scott Cawthon & Kira Breed-Wristley

Five Nights at Freddy's: The Silver Eyes (#1) - Scott Cawthon & Kira Breed-Wrisley
Series: Five Night's at Freddy's
Publisher: Scholastic
Format: Paperback
Pages: 389
Rating: ★★★

Goodreads Blurb

Ten years after the horrific murders at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza that ripped their town apart, Charlie, whose father owned the restaurant, and her childhood friends reunite on the anniversary of the tragedy and find themselves at the old pizza place, which had been locked up and abandoned for years. After they discover a way inside, they realize that things are not as they used to be. The four adult-sized animatronic mascots that once entertained patrons have changed. They now have a dark secret…and a murderous agenda.

Thoughts

I will admit, I have never played any of the Five Nights at Freddy's games, and never really took an interest (mainly my stepson loves the games). When I saw the book in Waterstones, I thought why not it might be a good Halloween read.

The story is based around a restaurant called Freddy Fazbear's, where a tragedy happened when Charlie, and her kids were friends were kids.
I found this to be an easy read, and the writing flowed well, I will admit I really was not expecting great things from this book, but I was pleasantly surprised as it wasn't that bad.

I found Charlie to be a really good character, and the twist with her father's restaurants was really good, and something I didn't see coming. I also loved that the reason the animatronics was explained (even though I did find that predictable)

Overall a good read, and not a bad one to read during Halloween. I will read the sequel to see how they carry on the story, as they ended this quite well

No comments:

Post a Comment