Thursday 11 January 2018

REVIEW: The Truth and Lies of Ella Black - Emily Barr*

The Truth and Lies of Ella Black - Emily Barr
Publisher: Penguin
Format: E-Book
Pages: 349 Pages
Rating:  DNF

*Received from NetGalley for an honest review*


Goodreads Blurb

Ella Black seems to live the life most other seventeen-year-olds would kill for . . .

Until one day, telling her nothing, her parents whisk her off to Rio de Janeiro. Determined to find out why, Ella takes her chance and searches through their things.

And realises her life has been a lie.

Her mother and father aren't hers at all. Unable to comprehend the truth, Ella runs away, to the one place they'll never think to look - the favelas.

But there she learns a terrible secret - the truth about her real parents and their past. And the truth about a mother, desperate for a daughter taken from her seventeen years ago . . .


Thoughts

I really wasn't a fan of this book, I ended up DNF'ing it in the end, it just wasn't pulling me in, the repetition in this book was ridiculous.

I only got 25% through this book, and that was it I gave up, I really didn't want to know why her parents had taken her to Rio, and I didn't really care in the end why either, that's how much I wasn't a fan of this.

I also wasn't a fan of the instalove, I only read where she had locked eyes with him but I just knew from the writing I wasn't going to be impressed with it.

I do feel guilty that I dnf'd the book as I do hate DNF'ing anything (see House of Furies, I persevered with that), but for the sake of my sanity I really couldn't. When I requested this I was so intrigued by the premise I was really hoping it would be great but it just really fell short of the mark on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment