Monday 15 January 2018

REVIEW: Pretties (#2) - Scott Westerfeld

Pretties (#2) - Scott Westerfeld
Series: Uglies
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format: Paperback
Pages: 368 Pages
Rating: ★★★

Goodreads Blurb

Tally has finally become 'pretty'. Her looks are beyond perfect, her clothes are cool, her boyfriend's gorgeous, and she's completely popular. It's everything she's ever wanted. But beneath all the fun is a nagging feeling that something's wrong.


Thoughts

I found this to be a really good follow on to Uglies, you found Tally and Shay back in New Prettytown, after they have been through the operation. We also meet Zane who is leader of the Crims (which you didn't really learn much about this group, from what I could gather these were people that had been involved with Special Circumstances somehow).

I loved how they portrayed Tally and Shay's relationship as nothing had been resolved between them from the last book after Tally's betrayal, but the twist at the end with Shay was unbelievable, I really did not see that coming.

I found the love triangle between Tally, David, and Zane, to be not that bad, but sometimes I did find Tally to be a bit fickle. She kept mentioning that David was an ugly all the time, and I was just saying in my head 'I know already'.

Overall, I did like this as a follow up to Uglies, and I now need to read Specials, especially after that ending.



No comments:

Post a Comment