Thursday 11 January 2018

REVIEW: Final 7 (#3) - Kerry Drewery*

Final 7 (#3) - Kerry Drewery
Series: Cell 7
Publisher: Hot Key Books
Format: E-Book
Pages: 464 Pages
Rating: ★★★★

*Received from NetGalley for an honest review*

Goodreads Blurb

Martha and Isaac have escaped, but are now on the run - the government has branded them rebels and a danger to the public. Despite the rewards being offered for turning them in, Martha and her friends are safe in The Rises, the area of the city full of the poor and the powerless. But then the Prime Minister orders a wall to be built around The Rises. Is it for the the safety or the poor - or is it to imprison them? Martha needs to act, and to act fast, in a tale of breathtaking treachery that reaches right to the heart of government...  

Thoughts

BEWARE MAY BE SPOILERS

This is the third and final book in the Cell 7 trilogy, the story carries on after the explosive events of Day 7, and follows the main characters on their way to getting proper justice.

What can I say about this book, I absolutely loved it, this would have been a 5 star read until I got to the last chapter then it lost a star for me.
I loved the message that carried on through this book, that if no-one says a word and doesn't ask questions and use their right to freedom of speech, this can easily be lost.

I loved Martha, but I loved all the characters so it again was so hard to choose one that I loved the most over the others. There was three that stood out for me, and that was Eve, Max and Cicero.
(SPOILER ALERT) I really felt for Eve, she writes a letter to Max explaining about why his dad was on Death Row, and Eve's involvement in his dad's incarceration. You really feel for Max, as he loves his mum but to realise she is the reason his dad is dead it is hard to understand and comprehend for him.
I was really hoping Eve was going to make it out of Death Row and gain her freedom, I ended up crying during this, it was so heartbreaking, especially when the audience to watch was made up of families of patients that she had helped while they were on Death Row themselves.

My biggest gripe with this was the ending, Drewery had cleared everything up but she had Max looking into Cyber Secure, and who Sofia is, (which he did not disclose to Martha, because he hadn't finished yet). So we are left wanting to know about Cyber Secure and Sofia, and with this being the last in the series nothing is answered.

I really loved this series, and I will be picking up a paperback copy of this book on it's release date, but I hope there is going to be a spin off book focusing on Max and his investigation into Cyber Secure, otherwise I will be annoyed.



No comments:

Post a Comment